Monday, August 21, 2017

Light

“If I say, ‘Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,’
even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.”
-Psalm 139:11-12

Of course you didn’t ask for this pain

This sickness
This hurt
This battle

Of course you struggle to face it

This disease
This shame
This war

But remember who I Am

I Am the light
I Am the Good Shepherd
I Am your healer

I never promised you ease

But I did promise this:

I Am your God
I Am a solid rock
I Am your shield

I have felt your pain
I have felt your sorrows

I feel your pain
I feel your sorrows

I walked through the darkest valley for you
I overcame it with light

You may not see me now

But I Am present
I Am here
I Am yours

Of course you didn’t ask for this
Of course you don’t want to face it

But darkness is as light in me,
It won’t stay dark forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment