Monday, March 27, 2017

Sit Still

Life is messy. Life is stressful. Life is fast-paced.

Spring break just ended, it’s only Monday, and I’m already feeling overwhelmed and exhausted by the business of these upcoming last 6 weeks of this semester. It’s during these times, however, that I can’t help but sit in awe of the stillness of God.

God doesn’t demand that my life is all worked out, that my plans run smoothly, and that I finish all of my to-dos. But rather, He provides a place for me to step out of the hectic-ness and find comfort in His stillness. He doesn’t give me a demanding schedule or a checklist of to-dos. He gives me peace and rest.

When life gets stormy and out of control, God stills the storm.

It’s crucial in hectic times to take even just a few minutes to sit in God’s stillness.

I encourage you to take the time tonight to just sit still and enjoy the stillness of God. The world and our schedules don’t tend to provide a lot of stillness, but God does—and He will if you take the time to enjoy it.

The stillness and peace of God is refreshing. Oftentimes, it is just those few quiet moments spent with God that can reenergize you and allow you to finish all the things you have to get done.

“He made the storm be still,
    and the waves of the sea were hushed.

Then they were glad that the waters were quiet,
    and he brought them to their desired haven.”


-Psalm 107:29-30

2 comments:

  1. This is so true. I will be praying for both of our upcoming six weeks, that we will always find a moment to enjoy God's intense love and stillness.

    ReplyDelete