Monday, February 23, 2015

God Hears

           Sometimes it is difficult to be vulnerable. I can imagine I’m not the only one who has experienced this. It can be so easy to act like you're fine all the time, and act like you’re not actually falling apart on the inside. Today, I am writing in this state… I am vulnerable. I am confused, broken, lonely, and weak. I am on my last straw, wondering what event will come next in my life to break me even more.
 As much as this feeling totally sucks, there is beauty in it. When I’m broken, when I’ve given up on all the worldly things that fail me, I have a God who is immovable and will never fail me. I have a God who is greater and bigger than any experience I go through. When everything seems to be going wrong, I have a God who will find me exactly where I am. When I am vulnerable and broken, my God is strong. He’s waiting to reach out to me, as soon as He hears my cry. Psalm 18:6 says,
“In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God for help; He heard my voice out of His temple, and my cry for help came into His ears.”
No matter how broken I am, I am never outside the realm of God’s mercy and grace. All I have to do is let go of my own strength and humbly fall before Him. Tenth Avenue North perfectly states this feeling of vulnerability and humbling our broken hearts before God:

I'm on my knees
Begging You to notice me
I'm on my knees
Father, will You turn to me, yeah?
One tear in the dropping rain
One voice in a sea of pain
Could the Maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breaking heart?
One life is all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are
Would You come 
close and hold my heart?
      If you ever feel as if your pain and struggles are insignificant and don’t matter, I promise you that they do. God hears your cry and sees your pain. He knows what you’re struggling with, and He is waiting for you to give it up and find Him. In your darkest hour, God isn’t going to run away and hide from you because He doesn’t want to deal with your struggles. Instead, if you let Him, He will fix you. He will hold your heart and catch your tears. All the pain you feel now will be so small in the face of God’s presence.
“We can ignore even pleasure. But pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
Embrace your pain and struggles and know that God is listening to your cries. He will hear you, and in time when He does, it will become your turn to listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment