Monday, January 11, 2016

Anchored Amidst Chaos

"For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace." - 1 Corinthians 14:33

Anchored Amidst Chaos

Life moves way too fast.
People are way too busy.
There is always something going on.
It’s chaotic.

The way God moves is a mystery.
God is alive.
God is present.
But we miss it,
It’s chaotic.

I slow down for just a second.
I stop and wait.
Until I realize something else is going on.
God is moving.
It is crazy amazing, but not destructively chaotic.
It’s beautifully chaotic.

Taken out of the world.
Stepping back and grabbing onto something more.
I realize that living in the chaos with God,
Is so much better than living in the chaos alone.
It’s beautifully chaotic.

Why be anchored in a moving world that will fail you over and over again?
Be anchored in a moving God instead.
Be aimlessly bound to God, not knowing where He’s going,
But anchored to Him and following where He leads anyways.
That is beautifully chaotic.

Maybe it’s time to let go.
Maybe it’s time to hold on.
Possibly it’s time to do both.
Not knowing, that is chaotic.

I worry too much about what I don’t know.
Forgetting about what I do know:
God is in complete control.
Maybe that’s not really chaotic at all.

Let go of the unknown, of the fear, and the doubt.
Hold steadfastly to our anchor, the all-knowing God.
As I stand anchored, I still see the chaos,
But I also see God, who brings peace right in the midst of it.

This is a beautiful chaos.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! It's so poetic, but meaningful and really deep and thought-provoking. Absolutely beautiful! It's given me a new perspective on chaos and busy-ness, and for that I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! It's so poetic, but meaningful and really deep and thought-provoking. Absolutely beautiful! It's given me a new perspective on chaos and busy-ness, and for that I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful to be in his presence. I cant escape it because he's every where.

    ReplyDelete