Monday, February 8, 2016

Shoutout to my Brutha from the same Mutha

Tonights blog will be less of a devotional and more of a shoutout to my older brother. He's one of my favorite people in this world, and God truly blessed me by giving me a person like him to look up to. When you get the chance, it's important to let those people know how much they mean to you. So, to my dearest and one and only brother, this one is for you. 




What my brother doesn't know:

He is one of my biggest role models. I don't say it a lot and he probably doesn't know it, but I really look up to him so much.

He's smart and to the point. He's honest. He's willing to say what needs to be said when no one else will say it. He's passionate about the things he loves and what he believes in. He's got an odd sense of humor at times but he does make people laugh. He's the musician I always wanted to be but never will be. He's a leader and an example for a lot of different people. He's someone that will always have advice and wisdom to share on anything you're going through. And I don't like to admit it, but my brother is a whole lot smarter than me.

I'm glad I'm not the oldest child with two younger sisters. Because someone like me couldn't do it. But my brother can. He's been one of the best influences in my life from the beginning. I like to act like I don't take his advice sometimes, but that's only because part of me doesn't like admitting he's right.

I know I wouldn't be the person I am today without my big brother. He taught me how to stand my ground, he taught me how to make my own choices, and he taught me that it's okay to be weird and different from anybody else.

Logan, thanks for accepting my weirdness when it scares most people away. In fact, thanks for encouraging my weirdness and showing me how to be my own person. Thanks for being someone I can talk to about all my problems (I know I have many). Thanks for all the good memories growing up. Thanks for fighting with me and teaching me how to argue. Thanks for teaching me how to really be strong and stand up for myself. Thanks for showing me how to just relax and enjoy life as it goes instead of stressing about everything. Thank you for being real, and talking to me about what matters. Thanks for just being you--don't change that. And lastly, thanks for looking out for me. I don't tell you enough, so seriously, thank you.

I'm pretty excited for what God is going to do in your life. I kinda hate that we're growing up, because it's scary to think about living away from you and going our own separate ways. But, I appreciate being able to talk to you and pick up a conversation even after we've been distanced and haven't talked for a little while.

I'm not one that shares my feelings often, so please appreciate my effort... Love you lots bruh! And I really mean that.

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! ❤ I would say your brother is equally blessed to have such a kind and considerate sister as you.

    ReplyDelete