Monday, April 18, 2016

A Letter to God from a Worn College Student

God,
I’m sorry for not giving you the time of day—there are no excuses. In the brief moment I have time to write this, I’m also realizing that my schedule is a matter of my priorities. Although class, finals, final papers, practice, physical therapy, and work among other things have made my time quickly diminish this month, maybe I would have more time if I focused first on you.
College is difficult. Being a college athlete is difficult. Being a college athlete while trying to keep my GPA up and work a part time job is difficult. But what is even more difficult is this: Keeping my eyes, my heart, my soul, and my thoughts all aligned to You and Your Word in the midst of all this college stress.  
God, I’m sorry for wasting my time on foolish things. I’m sorry for all the times I’ve failed to put you first. I’m sorry for placing my school books over your Word when it should come first in my life. I’ve failed to keep my priorities straight over and over again… But I pray that You will help me begin to get it right in the next few months.
College is hard. I know that You have me here for a reason, but man are there times when all I can think about is giving up. Help me trust that I'm right where You need me, and help me pursue the plans that only You can create for me.
Thank you for finding me here. In these moments where mental, emotional breakdowns get the best of me…In the tears I find you. Thank you for being a place of peace and shelter; for being my great escape. Thank you for giving me struggles this year, because in the end they have ultimately brought me closer to you. Thank you for the talents and passions you have given me, because they have given me something to work for and pursue. They have given me a means to bring more glory to You. Thank you for the people and support system You have placed in my life, I’ve been blessed beyond what I deserve. When I love myself the least, You love me the most.
God, thank you for loving me when my love for you doesn’t come first on my list. I pray that in everything I do and say, I’ll truly put you first. These past few weeks have been crazy. And, they are about to get even crazier. So, I plan on running to you a lot.
Please let my faith rule over my anxiety and fears. I’ve always needed You, but it’s during my times of weakness that I truly realize just how much I actually need you. You are my anchor, and to that hope I will cling. Help me to only take steps where You lead, and to only walk through doors You have opened.
In love and faith,
Your broken daughter

2 comments:

  1. This is so sincere and blesses and touches my heart. Thank you so much for sharing this, dear sister in Christ. You have been such an encouragement to me and God has blessed me and shown me things through you that I had never seen or thought of otherwise. God bless you! Im praying for you! I pray that this next month you will be surrounded by Him and His perfect peace that can overwhelm your sorrows and stress! God bless you!!

    "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You because he trusts You." ~Isaiah 26:3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caitlyn!!!! Again, I really appreciate the prayers and encouragement. It is such a blessing :)

      Delete