Monday, July 20, 2015

Completely Loved

Psalm 86:15
“But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.”
The other day I was trying to fix a broken Wii... Trying is the key word there, because I had absolutely no clue what I was doing. Despite the multiple YouTube videos and FAQ pages that seemed promising, the Wii remains broken. Not to mention, I attempted to take the Wii apart and who knows if I'll be able to actually put it back together.
There was a brief moment, however, when I thought “Hey, at least I can write a blog about this.” I planned on writing about how we are broken people that need a bigger power to come and fix us. But then, I realized there is a much bigger picture.
If we put all the emphasis on God being the fixer upper, we're missing out on the fact that He loved us even before fixing our brokenness. He doesn’t need to fix us to love us; He loves us and heals us because He loves us. I know I've written so, so much about how deeply God loves each and every individual no matter what their circumstances are; but this is really a huge thing.
We are incomplete, but completely loved by God.
He loves us so much that our brokenness is just a grain of sand in comparison to his love for us. He doesn't love us because we're perfect. Or even because we're broken. He simply just loves us. There are no conditions, no only if's, just love. And it's the love of God that little by little, as it washes over us, makes us feel less broken. It's that love that cleanses us, mends us, and fixes the brokenness deep within. It’s that love that we so often forget about, but could dramatically change our lives if we embrace it, repeat it, and share it with the rest of the world.
“Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely. ... He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment