Monday, July 6, 2015

Beauty Isn't Vain

I hear some people say that beauty is vain
But I would have to disagree
Let’s take a journey
Let me show you what I mean

She was 8 years old
Her stage 4 cancer had come back
Her hair was gone, her face was pale
She was too weak to even laugh
But when she heard about the newly sick patient
The one across the hall
She managed to escape her bed
And greet the crying girl
She held her hand and simply smiled
For she knew she could relate
Now tell me that’s not beautiful?
Is beauty really vain?

He was 24 that year
The year he married his bride
With their first child coming on the way
He was soon deployed
1 year later, he stepped off that plane
American soil at last
And there he fell onto his knees
As he saw the love of his life
He ran to her and tears were shed
As he held his little girl for the very first time
Now tell me that’s not beautiful?
Is beauty really vain?

60 years together now
He never left her side
He would do absolutely anything for her
He would even give his life
And that day he did as an organ donor
It was all he had to give
He lost his life after the accident
But it allowed his wife to live
Now tell me that’s not beautiful?
Is beauty really vain?

Giving, sharing, relating, and loving
Don’t tell me these are vain
Beauty isn’t just appearance
Beauty is not vain
You have to look really deep to see it
But I promise you it’s there
Look in the actions, look in the soul
For beauty exists there

No comments:

Post a Comment