Monday, November 9, 2015

Never Stop Needing

It's November 9th and I'm still in my knee brace. As much as I'm ready to just throw this thing out the window, I still need it. 
Even though I feel like my strength in my leg is strong enough and I would be fine without a brace, the truth is I would be at high risk without it.

Kind of like how I think at times when things are going great that I don't need God in my life, but reality is I'm at very high risk without God. 

The first few months of this semester were definitely a struggle, but I was able to see how much I needed God in my life. 
Now that things are looking up and I'm feeling stronger, it's easy to forget how much I need God.

Although I don't miss all the pain and the struggles I've ever been through, I miss how much I realized I needed God in my life. I miss how easy it was to see that I was completely incapable of living life on my own. 

The simple truth is when we're doing alright in life, we forget about the God that has given us this "alright" life. 

No matter where you are at in life: struggling, almost through the struggle, or having the best day ever, I pray that you never forget how much you need God even when things seem to be going well. 

You always hear testimonies and stories of great faith, and often that faith is shown through trusting in God in the struggles. But how cool would it be if people could see your faith when your praising God, and still showing how much you need him even when life is great? 

So yes, one day I hope I will become strong enough to get rid of the knee brace, but I pray that I never think I'm too strong on my own. I've focused a lot lately about finding God in the struggles, however, it is just as important to not lose God when the struggles go away. From beginning to end, God is working in every season of your life. So in every season, remember how much He has done for you, how much He is doing for you, and how much He will do for you, and never lose sight of how much we need him. 

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.-Ecclesiastes 3:11

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your thoughtful perspective, Brooklyn.
    I hope you get physically stronger soon, but always stay in need of our Almighty God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how the things that hinder us make us think the most. Nice post, Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete