Monday, October 10, 2016

Control

I didn’t quite get to writing a blog for this week, so tonight I just wanted to share song lyrics from Tenth Avenue North’s new song, “Control.”
The song just came out today, so you probably haven’t heard it before, but I highly recommend giving it a listen! The chorus says this:

“God, You don’t need me, but somehow You want me
Oh, how You love me, somehow that frees me
To take my hands off of my life and the way it should go
Oh, God, You don’t need me, but somehow You want me
Oh, how You love me, somehow that frees me
To open my hands up and give You control
I give You control” –Tenth Avenue North, Control (Somehow You Want Me)

How often do I think I know better than God does? How often do I take control over my own life? How often do I disagree and question the things God has in store for my life? Way, way more than I should…

But if God somehow loves someone like me, why should I care about the control I have over my life? Like the song says, God doesn’t need me…But He chooses to love me, and He chooses to want me. I’m not entitled to anything, but somehow I’ve received far more than I will ever need through Him. If this is true, why do I care so much about the control I have over my life? God’s love has freed me and paved a path where I don’t have to be in control all the time.


God’s got me, He’s got you, and it’s time to let go of the control we cling to so tightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment