Monday, October 31, 2016

Trust

I was reading through some of my old blogs today and found something I wrote right at the beginning of 2016 that literally made me laugh.

“It's 2016 now. With the last year that I had, I can't make any guesses as to what could happen this year. And I don't need to.

Life isn't a guessing game.
Life is a trusting game.
It's about trusting in what God has in store for your life.... No matter the pain, heartbreak, doubt, and fear. So I'm not going to guess what's next. I'm not going to plan my year out. I'm going to take it a single day at a time and trust. I pray that every day of 2016 brings me one step closer to God and where He wants me to be. If God is moving, I'm following right along.” –Aimlessly Anchored (http://aimlesslyanchored.blogspot.com/2016/01/live-life-anchored.html)

It’s pretty evident that I had no idea what was in store. I laughed as I read this because a challenge I had to fight through last year has come up yet again at an absolutely (not) impeccable time. It’s almost as if I beat level 1, and now God graduated me to level 2. The year isn’t even over and I already can’t believe all of the things that have happened since the start of it. But I read this and ask myself, have I really been trusting in what God has in store?

There isn’t a lot of time left in this year. It’s already the beginning of November, Thanksgiving is coming up soon, and Christmas decorations are starting to come out. The year is running out. It’s almost 2017… We don’t have time to waste not trusting in Jesus.

Who knows what will happen in these last couple months of the year. I’m not putting my bets on anything, because I’ve learned that oftentimes my plans don’t work out how I imagine them to.

I’m not sure if I’ve trusted God like I should’ve since the beginning of the year, but I do know that I have 2 more months of the year and if I didn’t trust God then, then I need to now.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
–Philippians 4:6

There isn’t time to worry, or doubt, but rather we have the moment right now to choose to trust what God is going to do.

The verse at the top of this page is Hebrews 6:18-19, and it’s where the name of this blog comes from…In Him as our anchor, we have hope.

 So I encourage you to work on building up your faith in God’s plan as we head into the last couple months of the year.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a year full of a lot of obstacles and what a great reminder that we have to trust God every day, day by day !

    ReplyDelete