Monday, November 21, 2016

"Darkness is as Light"

“If I say, ‘Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,’
even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.”
-Psalm 139:11-12

I know you didn’t ask for this.
I know you don’t want to face it.
I know you’re hurting; I hear your cries.
I know you’re struggling to get through this.

But I also know that you know Me.
You know Who I Am.
You know I Am in control.
You know that I’m not leaving.

I could never promise you ease,
Or a pain free, perfect life.
But I can promise to be your God,
To be your solid rock.

Trust me that I’ve felt your pain.
I’ve held your heart, your hand, and your sorrows.
I’ve walked through the depths for you,
So you could see hope for tomorrow.

I know that you can’t see me now.
Maybe you don’t even want to.
But you need me, and I want you,
So let go and let my peace find you.

It doesn’t seem fair; it doesn’t seem right.
And maybe it never will.
But no matter how long you fight this and try to escape,
It doesn’t change the fact that I’m your rock.

I want you to give up the little, pointless things.
I want you to trust better things are coming.
I know you’ve heard it all, I know you know it all,
But I want you to believe it.

Whatever you’re feeling,
Wherever you stand,
No matter how distant you may be,
I Am still your God and rock, that truth will never change.

I promise you if you let this go,
If you give up your fight against me,
I will give you something more,
Everlasting peace, endless hope, and forever freedom.

I know you didn’t ask for this.
I know you still don’t want to face it.
But darkness is as light in me,
It won’t stay dark forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment