Monday, August 17, 2015

Life is Hard, but God is Good

A lot has been going on in my life recently, but this statement keeps repeating itself over and over again in my head: 

Life is hard, but God is good. 

Even though I know and believe these words are true, my outlook and attitude always seem to look more like: 

God is good, but life is hard. 

Although both statements are true, our entire outlook can change based on what we emphasize as the most important. 
Do you emphasize that God is good in your life? Or do you emphasize that life can be hard? 

The same thing goes with so many other things.....
- I have faith in God, but I'm still afraid of the outcome.... Should become I'm afraid of what the outcome could be, but I will have faith in God. 
- I trust in God's plan, but I fear the future.... Should become I fear the future, but I will trust in God's plan. 
-I believe God is my healer, but I'm broken... Should become I may be broken, but God is my healer. 
-God provides, but I'm empty.... Should become I'm empty, but God will provide. 
The list could go on and on. 

We have to learn to emphasize God's goodness.
I tend to be more on the pessimist side of life, so it's definitely easier to focus on everything going wrong. But it's way more rewarding to focus on God and what He can do. 

Psalm 100:5 
"For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." 

Life is hard, but ultimately God is good. 
God is so much bigger and better than any obstacle you may face, do you believe it? Or the better question may be, are you living like you believe it? 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooklyn,

    I also tend to the pessimistic side and it is true that changing the words we use, in this case the order of our words, can have a profound effect when we practice daily.

    Blessings,

    Sondra

    ReplyDelete