Monday, September 7, 2015

Boasting

2 Corinthians 12:9
"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

I really can't express how relevant this verse is in my life for these next couple weeks. After just having knee surgery, I have to stay completely non-weight bearing on my left leg for at least the next 4 weeks. It's only been a few days since the surgery, and tomorrow I'll be back in school and trying to make it to and from classes across campus, physical therapy, doctors appointments, practices and etc. And I know for a fact that I will be feeling very helpless, tired, and weak. 

But what a thought to think we are to "boast in our weaknesses." As an athlete all my life, that'd be the exact opposite of what my mindset is. Why in the world would I want to boast about my current weakness? It doesn't seem like a very "strong" thing to do. 
I have also felt that if I show my weakness, maybe I'll come off as a baby and people would really think I'm just weak. 
But that's the plain truth. I am weak. The only reason I can and ever will be considered strong is the strength of Jesus Christ within me. 

Weakness is strength because that's when God's power is made perfect. 

I will say I'm still feeling pretty weak and helpless, but I pray that when the time is just right, God's power will be made perfect in my weakness. It's not just about waiting for that time, but about trusting that the time will come.

So here I am.... Boasting in my weakness and trusting that soon God's strength will prevail. 

"I may be weak, but
Your Spirit's strong in me.
My flesh may fail, but
My God You never will"
-Elevation Worship 


4 comments:

  1. Praying for you to feel the very hand of God lifting you up and holding you up as you work your way through recovery. Isiaiah 40:31 "but those who HOPE in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that you are surrounded by those that will be used as "shade" during your stay in this wilderness. I'm confident there will be future posts about all that you have learned in this. Hang in there! You're being thought of and prayed for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do have a couple very nice "shade" trees here. Thank you Marty! I appreciate it.

      Delete