Monday, June 8, 2015

19 (part 2)

In my latest blog I started explaining some of the most impacting Bible verses on my life this past year. I didn’t get through all of them, so here’s the rest today!
            8. Daniel 1:8-
“But Daniel resolved that he would not defile himself with the king’s food, or with the wine that he drank.”
I really just love Daniel’s story because he stood up for his faith, even when the odds weren’t in his favor. I think this verse just highlights his story, in that he resolved not to go against God’s commands. He made a choice to serve God, and he followed through with it.
9. Now this next verse may seem strange to pick as one of my favorites. But, it really did speak to me in a huge way this year. It is Genesis 3:10-11.
“And he (Adam) said, ‘I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.’ God said, ‘Who told you that you were naked?’”
One way I look at this verse is that God is questioning why Adam and Eve are afraid. In comparison to our fears or shames, God is way bigger. Don’t allow yourself to be told, or to start thinking to yourself that you have problems and fears that God isn’t bigger than.
10. Zephaniah 3:17-
The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.”
It is always good to be reminded that God is forever present in our midst as believers, and He truly rejoices in us, through us, and with us.
11. This verse really stands out to me, because in a relationship with God, knowing Scripture is absolutely vital. You can never be in the Word too much.
            Matthew 22:29-
“But Jesus answered them, ‘You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God.”
          12. 1 Peter 6:6-
“Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you.”
            Stay humble, and God will lift you up when the time comes.
            13. 1 Peter 6:7-
                                    “Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”
This is the second part of the previous verse. But it really is so cool how we have God that not only can we put our faith, hope, and trust in, but whom we can lay down all our burdens and worries.
14. 2 Peter 3:8-
But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”
I really can’t wait to spend just a day with God in heaven. Seriously, I can only imagine how incredible it will be to be right there with him in his presence.
15. Love like Jesus loves. It sounds simple, but when you put it into action it actually becomes quite the task sometimes. Jesus’ love is so beyond any love that we can give, but we should still strive to serve and love others how Jesus’ loves us. John 15:12-
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.”
15. There are so many distractions and things that can get in the way of our pursuit of Jesus. It is an everyday battle, but we must work to prioritize our relationship with him and get rid of all the roadblocks. Hebrews 12:1-3-
“Let us throw off everything that hinders us and the sin that entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”
16. It is okay to cry sometimes, but be sure to cry out to the Lord. When the storms in life hit, cry out to God because He will not ignore you. Psalm 9:12-
            “He does not ignore the cries of the afflicted.”
17. John 7:37-38-
“On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”
There is absolutely nothing in this life that will satisfy your needs like the Living Water found in Jesus Christ.
18. This one has always been one of my favorites. God has a plan for you and for me, and it is far better than anything we could ever imagine. At the age of 19 now, I still am not always sure what my next step is, but God knows and I have to remember to let him lead.
            Jeremiah 29:11-
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
          19. And last but not least, 1 Chronicles 16:34.
                        “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever!”
I apologize if I say a lot of the same things over and over again, but that’s because I truly believe it. God is so good. And my words will never be adequate enough to explain his goodness or to ever thank him enough for everything he has done in my life. Again, I pray that each of you can also experience his goodness, his grace, and his ever-enduring love each and every day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment