Monday, June 1, 2015

19

First of all, I’d just like to say thank you to everyone who has been reading my blogs. I’ve always felt like writing has been something that God has wanted me to do, and I’ll continue to keep writing as long as people continue reading. 
Secondly, it is about halfway through the year now and I just turned 19 so I thought I would do something a little different with this blog. I’ve been alive 19 years now and have experienced a lot of different emotions on my walk with God. Today I just wanted to share 19 of my favorite Bible verses that have been a blessing for me over the years. And again, thank you for reading. My prayer is that somehow and someway, you’ll experience God’s goodness and His grace.
1.      This first verse became one of my favorites after I went to Israel and got to see for myself how God equipped the deer and other animals in the desert and in their certain climate to do what they needed to do. The New International Version has Habakkuk 3:19 as
“The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.”
No matter what mountains or valleys you face in life, with God, you have everything you need to get through it. He has given you exactly what you need to get through every struggle you face.
2.      Psalm 32:7-  
“You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from     trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance.”
This verse has been such an encouragement for me, especially during my first year of college because I’m not always a people person. And whenever I really needed to just escape from everything and everyone, I had God and his Word as a hiding place and a sweet escape.
3.      We’re people, we’re flawed, and if you’re like me, you might fail and mess up a lot. That’s why I love this verse, though, because no matter how weak I am or how badly I mess up, God still works with perfect strength.
Psalm 73:26-
“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
4.      2 Corinthian 5:17-
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new has come!”
It’s such a great reminder to know that when you are in Christ, your past doesn’t matter. He has brought you freedom and new life, and none of your past shame, guilt, and sin has to stay with you.
5.      I already wrote a blog on some of my thoughts from Proverbs 31, but it has definitely become a great reminder for me. It can be hard being single sometimes, and wondering where that guy is that God has set out for me, especially when I always have to wonder if I’ll ever be good enough or ever find someone. But I always come back to this verse, and am reminded that I do have worth in who I am as a woman of God. Vs 31:
“Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.”
6.      I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but I’m not very good with change sometimes. I like consistency and get anxious when unexpected things pop up. But that is the beautiful thing about God; He is always the same, He never changes, and his love for me never changes. Hebrews 13:8-
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”
7.      This next verse goes along with the last one. I tend to worry and stress over even the smallest things sometimes, but God is always in control and I have no need to worry when I put my faith and hope in him. Philippians 4:6-
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”

 The rest of the verses will be continued in my next blog! But once again, thank you for reading! God is good, and I pray that you have and will continue to experience his goodness right alongside me. God bless! 

1 comment:

  1. A great reminder to seek HIS word always for all we need!

    ReplyDelete