Monday, June 22, 2015

Be held

Sometimes you just have to let yourself be held.....
As I rocked a little baby to sleep today, I realized as she was crying and straining to keep her eyes open, that that could be me in sense. Instead of just relaxing, closing my eyes and letting God hold me, am I fighting to keep my eyes open and focused on the world around me? Am I letting God give me the peace and comfort he so desperately wants to share with me?
If you're anything like me, you might find yourself in this same situation… Trying so desperately to stay caught up with life, that you completely ignore the God of all peace.
It's not necessarily easier to fight to stay awake to my worldly business, but it allows me to feel in control. It's hard to let go of the biggest stresses on my mind, all my struggles, and internal anger. Our human nature is to fight for control and power.
But as I fight and struggle, I'm fighting against a God who is much more powerful than I am and I'm wasting all my energy in the process.
God isn't going to let me go. God isn’t going to let you go.
No matter how much a little kid might kick and cry to battle to stay awake, eventually they're going to fall asleep. So, the sooner you realize that God is reaching out to you ready to completely embrace you in his love, the sooner you will experience his peace and everlasting joy. Let yourself be like a baby… Content that you have a Father constantly holding you and begging you to find rest in him.  
Psalm 131 (The Message)
"God, I’m not trying to rule the roost, I don’t want to be king of the mountain. I haven’t meddled where I have no business or fantasized grandiose plans. I’ve kept my feet on the ground, I’ve cultivated a quiet heart. Like a baby content in its mother’s arms, my soul is a baby content. Wait, Israel, for God. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always!"
Let God hold you, and listen as His calming spirit speaks, “Be still and know that I Am God." (Psalm 46:10)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me that God is always there and He is willing and able to provide me with the peace I need. Nothing in this world can really give us peace but God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brooklyn for reminding me that God is here for me and he wants me to have peace.

    ReplyDelete