Monday, August 29, 2016

God's Way

God isn’t working how I want Him to, but that doesn’t mean He isn’t working.

How often do you wonder about where God is? In struggles, in joy, in worries, and in all areas of life, do you see Him working?

Last week I wrote about the physical pain I’ve been experiencing that has sparked a huge mental battle and spiritual battle in my life. I know that God is speaking and doing something with this pain, I just don’t hear it and understand it.

It occurred to me this week that I’m waiting for God to work how I WANT Him to work; rather than trusting that He will work in the ways that He sees fit.

Whereas I would love for God to just heal me and allow me to be back on the volleyball court tomorrow, that isn’t the way He chose to work this time. Although He very easily could, He’s doing what He sees fit for His purposes.

So maybe that’s why I’ve been missing out on what He’s trying to do in my life. Maybe I’ve been too caught up waiting on Him to follow my plans through, that I haven’t been understanding of His plan.

It’s easy to say, “Yeah, I want to follow God’s plan for my life.” But, when push comes to shove and you realize that plan seems more like a one way ticket on the pain train, are you still going to trust and follow God’s plan?

“He knelt down and began to pray, saying, ‘Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.’ Now an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him.”
–Luke 22:41b-43

Jesus has been there too. He obviously wasn’t stoked about having to be crucified on the cross. But that was God’s will, that was how God had to work. So, Jesus followed through with God’s plan.

Following God’s plan isn’t for the weak.

Oftentimes you won’t understand it. Sometimes it will lead you through intense pain and suffering. It might not always be fun. It might lead you to places you never thought you would ever go. It could very well be the most difficult thing you will ever do, but it is for a purpose. It's not my way, it's God's way. 


God works how He sees fit, not how we see fit. Open your heart up to His plan, trust that He's still working, and follow through with His purposes for your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment